Sunday, December 5, 2010

Comicbook.js - Release 0.2

My initial plans after 0.1 of completing the halftone/duotone effect hasn't gone the way I had hoped. Trying to create it on my own has been extremely difficult, so I went to Dave Humphrey for some advice. He introduced me to the Close Pixelate library which creates various pixelation effects on still images:



These effects are partially what I was trying to accomplish. As a result my 0.2 goal became combining close-pixelate.js with video/canvas. You can view my demo here.

There are a few problems that need to be solved for my next release. First is optimizing the code, when a couple or more effects are used it creates a lot of lag due to several nested for loops doing a huge number of canvas drawing. Second is working on the halftone/duotone effect.

I'll also be working with Kenneth Pangilinan on including these effects in Candy.js.

No comments:

Post a Comment